What are synonym words? Synonym words are words that mean exactly or nearly the same as other words. One word can have several synonym words, such as:
- Beautiful: pretty, attractive, gorgeous, and good-looking.
- Bad: poor, inferior, dreadful, awful, and terrible.
- Clever: intelligent, smart, bright, and brilliant.
- Afraid: frightened, scared, terrified, and fearful.
- Take: pull, withdraw, remove, draw, and grasp.
While other words may have only one synonym.
Even though a word can have more than one synonym words, it doesn’t mean that we can replace the word without considering the context. Context does matter when we want to use a synonym word.
Study the following case:
- Take this trash when you go out. Now, can you use synonym like “draw” or “pull” to replace “take”?
- The writing is bad. Can we use “inferior” to replace “bad” in that sentence?
The answer is no, we cannot. So, once again, in order to use the synonym words in English, we must know the context.
Now, let’s play synonym words game.
A. Balloon Pop
Pop the balloon that have synonym words shown on the wagon. Click on the bottom right to go full screen. Place your gadget landscape to have a better experience.
Choose the correct answer for the synonym word. Click on the bottom right to go full screen. Place your gadget landscape to have a better experience.
Download the synonyms in English practice PDF in here.
Play other games: